JuhaK

Software updates compliance %, don't understand behaviour

Hi,

I'm confused here. I installed last weekend MS patches to production computers and I checked compliance % yesterday. Was quite happy with it because it was over 80% (users actually left computers at office for update weekend).

But as I checked today the compliance is 1.7%... WHAT has happened, why it show it that way?! I don't understand. Same thing is when checking another our customer compliance. Another SCCM is SCCM2012 SP1 CU1 and another is SCCM2012R2..

Please help me to understand this behaviour

Thanks

-Juha

post-18345-0-92183900-1395128539_thumb.jpg

Do you run this on a schedule? If so, is it possible the latest time it ran that most of your machines were shut down? It says Unknown which to me means it cannot reach the machines to verify failure or success. If they are all unavailable (shut down, or not connected to the network) they will not receive updates thus bringing your percentage for the latest deployment down.

Yeah, I thought that too. Software update scan schedule is every 1 weeks on wednesday at middle of the working hours, so it can't be that. Or is this some other schedule setting than that?

-Juha

Yeah, I thought that too. Software update scan schedule is every 1 weeks on wednesday at middle of the working hours, so it can't be that. Or is this some other schedule setting than that?

-Juha

From what I am seeing in my console, the time my machines receive updates matches the "Run the rule on a schedule" time I configured in my automatic deployment rules. Have you configured automatic deployment rules yet? If not, the server will not know when to push these updates out to the specified collections.

If not, there is a great tutorial here: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6799-using-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-part-9-deploying-monthly-updates/

I followed similar guidelines, but adjusted the powershell commands to only kick out the collections I needed.

Another SCCM I have ADRs configured and another one I have deployed updates manually. And you're wrong there, "run the rule on a schedule" mean when SCCM runs the rule. There is deployment schedule also where you actually define when clients receive the updates.. :)

If you read me first post. On monday I already saw correct deployment % because updates had been deployed on weekend. But on tuesday (and also today) when I check Monitoring - Deployments from SCCM console, all I see is lots and lots on "unknown".. Hmm, maybe I'll try to run software update rescan or something..

Thanks!

-Juha