simps100

Laptops will not PXE boot

Hi all,

We have a bit of a strange problem with new Dell Lattidue E6440's and PXE booting.

We are able to hit f12 and the boot starts, we even get as far as it loading a Microsoft System Center configuration background image, it then just sits here for a few minutes and will then reboot the machine.

We've tried rebuilding the boot images and loading the drivers for the laptop with no luck.

Any one got any other ideas can try?

Cheers

Marc

Simple as above hit f8 if you have enabled tools in pxe and do an ipconfig. IF you get an address your network card on your boot image is good, and the problem is software task related.

More than likely you will have no ip address.. Go to dell get the latest nic driver from dell, import it into your boot image. warning sometimes dell renames drivers, go to manufacture site and get driver for network card. once you load that missing driver, redeploy. then pxe boot success.

I had the same problem and banged my head against the wall, even dell was telling me I had the right nic driver for dell 5610, however I googled that driver and found the one from the manufacture and it worked. I celebrated for days!

Advice to anyone, on any new dell, download there cab files, import them into sccm, then user a windows 7 image or 8 and create a Software task sequence to combine the two. Capturing and deploying is a pain.

I had the same issue if my OSD TS was set to Required and one of my application package was not distributed (Distribute Content).

Change the OSD TS to Available and the offending package ID number will be displayed.

I think this also happens if someone is editing the TS while the TS manager is loading.

Yan

I am having the same issue with a laptop DELL Latitude E5540.

It downloads and starts windows PE and then it starts SCCM screen but it never shows or download the TS. It just stays there and then reboots.

I am running SCCM 2012 SP1.

I am having the same issue with a laptop DELL Latitude E5540.

It downloads and starts windows PE and then it starts SCCM screen but it never shows or download the TS. It just stays there and then reboots.

I am running SCCM 2012 SP1.

Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread then?