simps100

Laptops will not PXE boot

Yes indeed it was the drivers.

I did the F8 and it didn't have an IP.

So after downloading all kind of drivers from DELL and INTEL , it finally worked.

It didn't work with DELL drivers, I ended up downloading the intel PROWIN64 and updloading all drivers on SCCM and then select the one for the specific NIC I217 and added it to the boot file and voila!

Hi there.

I am experiencing the same problem with a new batch of HP Probook 640 G1's. I have added all the network drivers from the HP website associated with that laptop and also added those drivers to the boot image (both x86 and x64). Does anyone have any other suggestions or a website in which I can download more drivers to throw into the boot image.

I have updated the BIOS on the laptop to L77 Ver. 01.03 which is dated from 13th Feb 2014.

I can confirm if I go into safe mode, I am able to obtain an IP Address.

Thanks

Yes indeed it was the drivers.

I did the F8 and it didn't have an IP.

So after downloading all kind of drivers from DELL and INTEL , it finally worked.

It didn't work with DELL drivers, I ended up downloading the intel PROWIN64 and updloading all drivers on SCCM and then select the one for the specific NIC I217 and added it to the boot file and voila!

i used the Nic drivers from intel. check the nic manufacturer.

But in my case, the workstation didn't have an IP.

Check on storage drivers.

Im having the exact same problem with the same laptop model.

I even isolated which driver would work by loading them manually in console, but even after adding the driver that works into the bootimages (x86 and x64) it still wont work..

2014-07-05_14-09-58.png

Can you please elaborate as to which driver version you used and possibly even the path to it in the driver package? The drivers i downloaded from Intel had a lot of folders and drivers in it and i went through about 7-10 of them before finding the above driver, which works manually but not when added to bootimage.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I also experiencing the same issues with this particular model of laptop Dell Latitude E5450 trying to deploy Windows 8.1 Enteprise x64 using SCCM 2012 R2 CU2 along with MDT 2013.

I succeed doing these steps:

1. Manual install Windows 8.1 Ent x64 on this laptop, and the all drivers one by one. I download the drivers from here: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/7595.latitude-e54505450-windows-8-1-driver-pack

2. All the drivers installed great, as well as the network driver. Just to be sure I use a little free application called "DrvBK_21_Rev6" and back-up all the drivers. Of couse you can back-up the Network driver only.

3. From the SCCM console I import the driver I backup earlier and in the same time I verify the log "DriverCatalog.log" for any information. To my surprise I see this error: "Driver is not applicable to any supported platforms. Code 0x80070661".

4. Quickly searching the web I found this site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3025419

If you read carefully, there are 2 different KBs, one for Windows 8 and another one for Windows 7. I follow the one for Windows 8 "You cannot import a Windows 8 signed driver on a Windows Server 2008 R2-based WDS server" - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2837108

5. Install the KB, restart the SCCM server.

6. After the restart, retry step #3, again during driver import check the log "DriverCatalog.log" for any information. This time everything went great and I see the message "Successfully initialized driver digest".

7. Go to \Software Library\Overview\Operating Systems\Boot Images, select the proper boot image, in my case its called ZeroTouch WinPE 6.3 x64, right click, select properties and go to Drivers.

From here choose the little sun button and select the network driver I import earlier. Then Update Distribution Points.

8. Retry the Task Sequence installation, quickly hit F8 during pre installation boot and check for network connectivity. It works !

9. Happy deploying.

:-)