We are having a major problem with our thin clients in the organization. We recently found out that a lot of them have the SCCM client installed and are now installing updates and software and running the hard drives out of space. In Active Directory System Discovery, I have the Thin Clients in a blocked OU and it's set to Excluded. When I delete these from SCCM, they are rediscovered. What am I missing here?

post-22150-0-05819500-1395753345_thumb.gif

Actually you AD System discovery should discover nothing, because you have not configured a valid target container. You need to define an include, to get this working. Your whole discovery is done by the group discovery at the moment. You should be kinda restrictive with group discoveries too.

Also check you Server logs (adsysdis.log adgdis.log). That's the place to start for trouble shooting.

Sorry forget about that :) I was totally out of my mind.

You have the Thin Clients enabled by listing them in there. You just have disabled to discover objects within groups. If you dont's want to discover this OU, do not refer to it in AD System discovery.

ok, I thought the "Excluded" meant it would NOT search for those. However, I just recently added those last 2 entries and it was discovering them anyway, so I'm not sure that's my final solution. I'll remove those 2 for now and see what happens.