Joelseph

Task Sequence won't start unless driver package is on every DP, can I change this?

Question

SCCM 2012

I am creating driver packages and installing/targeting them in the task sequence using WMI queries for machine model.

My issue is that the driver packages have to be successfully replicated to ALL distribution points before the task sequence will start. If the new package is not distributed to all distribution points the task sequence will not start until I disable the step.

Is this by design? I would like to distribute the package to a single distribution point in my boundary so that I can test before replicating to all DPs.

Any help?

Thanks,

Joel

4 answers to this question

would like to distribute the package to a single distribution point in my boundary

Have you multiple DPs in the one boundary?

By not starting do you mean it throws an error stating that package xxxxxxxx is not present etc etc..?

Have you multiple DPs in the one boundary?

By not starting do you mean it throws an error stating that package xxxxxxxx is not present etc etc..?

I have a single distribution point in every boundary group. My boundary groups are a combo of subnet boundary + active directory site boundary.

Correct, the task sequence doesn't start with the error a package is not present.

Correct, the task sequence doesn't start with the error a package is not present.

This generally means that the system is not in a boundary/DP location where the content is.

Remove the deployment for all systems ( this is not good practice deploying any kind of TS to this collection) and leave the deployment for the unknown computers.

Have you seperated your collections to suit your environment and added them to the related Boundary Groups?