Torpedo

Changing AD Domain name and DHCP Roles after SCCM

Question

Hi,

I am trying to setup SCCM 2007 SP1 Server on Windows 2008 SP2 Server. I could able to install and configure SQL Server 2008 and SCCM 2007 SP1 on my single server. But I happened to enter a conflicted domain while configuring AD Domain Controller and also I used wrong IP for DHCP Role. So I want to know is it possible to change the Domain name in AD Domain Controller and the IP addresses in DHCP Role now on the existed SCCM Server? or do I need to re-install SQL Server and SCCM? Please suggest me if there is any other way?

Thanks,

Torpedo

4 answers to this question

Hi,

Yes. It is because I entered earlier the corporate account domain, such as "corp.company.com". So the network administrator suggested me to enter something like "custom.corp.company.com". This was identified while doing AD domain on clients and because of the corp domain. clients are not able to connect or enter into Servers's Domain Controller.

Next thing is DHCP role. I entered actuall IP of the server during DHCP role, which means the server is having two IPs. one IP is actuall server IP address and other one is said to be DHCP IP that can be used to serve IP addresses to clients.

Please let me know if it is possible to change the above now or do I have to re-install everything?

Thanks

Please see the attachment. It is one of the prompt while running AD Domain Controller Role configuration mentioned in this page.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.p...p?showtopic=446

P.S. I am looking to attach an image to this reply but I can not find an option for me. The image is actually 11th image in the above link.

Thanks