nickjames1515

Sccm2012 Error 0x800070002

Question

Hi I hope one of you nice people would be able to help me..

I have had a company in to install sccm 2012 for me in my organisation and they have set up deployment for Windows 7 32 & 64 bit and windows 8.1.

This has been working fine for a few weeks and we have built a fair few machines.

A couple of days ago I had to change the Domain admin password as I had a technician leave.

Since then press F12 to PXE boot the machine to build and it starts the process and formats the drive. When it get to deploying the O/S it pauses a few seconds and fails with the error 0x800070002.

Change the admin password back and it works fine. I have worked out its permissions on where the files are located on the server (This is a single server install)

The company said they set it all up with a dedicated user and the domain administrator password should make no difference.

So my question is how do I make sure everything in SCCM is using the right account?

Also I have added the SCCM user on the the root of the disk with the files on with full access and this makes no difference....

Hope you can help :)

1 answer to this question

Open your SCCM Console and go to the Administration Section, Serurity, Accounts. Check if the Domain Admin is in the list of the accounts. Sounds pretty much like they used is as Network Access account.

Where exactly Fails the TS? Right away or at the "apply Network Settings" step? Check this step in your TS if they used the Account for Domain join.