jrekkedal

Applications suddenly won't deploy, hung / stuck at 0% downloading

So I have a meeting later this afternoon to train our Service Desk on how they should be imaging machines in our environment and being the good engineer I am I setup a test yesterday to just "make sure" things were still working. As you can tell, they aren't...

I noticed my task sequence was hanging on installing an application that normally installed without issue... Frustration to say the least. So, I tried to see if I could just deploy the application, like I did when I originally created it and it worked, but it would stay stuck at "Downloading 0%"

Long story short and after some digging, I took a look at the ContentTransferManager.log and see the following entries:

Error sending DAV request. HTTP code 404, status 'Not Found'

GetDirectoryList_HTTP('http://servername:80/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/Content_8eb0121e-4964-4641-a1a8-697c76ac623e.1') failed with code 0x87d0027e.

Non-recoverable error retrieving manifest (0x87d0027e).

CAS logs shows this:

Download location found 0 - http://servername/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/Content_8eb0121e-4964-4641-a1a8-697c76ac623e.1

Download request only, ignoring location update

Download started for content Content_8eb0121e-4964-4641-a1a8-697c76ac623e.1

The application source files live on another NAS/storage server, and I've checked the permissions so that Everyone has access to them just to get that out of the way but I need to stress that it was working and now its not... No idea when it could have broke either.

I have validated the application, I have removed it and re-added it, and I have even removed the distribution point role from the server and re-added it to no avail (pain in the but btw). Distmgr.log shows the application as being successfully distributed and GUI shows that application in the green.

I can still deploy updates and I can deploy packages, but NOT applications now. Maddening!

Thanks, but those address a 401 (unauthorized) issue rather than the 404 I see above.

Ah I've remembered now, what had happened is that the Boundary setup did not have a site system setup, once added the machines then started downloading fine.

Wished this worked for me... ugh.

Ah I've remembered now, what had happened is that the Boundary setup did not have a site system setup, once added the machines then started downloading fine.

All boundaries are setup correctly. Worked before "something" happened, but I checked just to make sure.

What SCCM revision are you using? We had this at our place on the original version of SCCM 2012, and also had issues in SP1

I am running SCCM SP1 CU4, so maybe that is my rub? I'll look at what it takes to get on R2. Do you know if that is another purchase of if I am guaranteed an upgrade with my current SP1 license?

Ok everyone, I am being a good forum member and looping back with a resolution. Long story short, I had to engage Microsoft directly to resolve the issue. We checked everything from IIS setup, to permissions on the source directories, so permissions/setups of the content library/package library and signatures... you name it.

Here is the resolution that finally got things rolling:

RESOLUTION:

· opened the below path in WMI:

1. Run “wbemtest” with administrator account.

2. Connect to root\sms\site_ <SITECODE>. For example: root\sms\site_PS1

3. Run the query select * from sms_sci_component where componentname=SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER

4. Double-click the object.

5. Double-click the “Props” properties.

6. Click View Embedded

7. Double-click the query result to find the Property where PropertyName is “Package Root Directory”.

8. Double-click Value1. Remove E:

9. Click “Save Property”

10. Click “Save Object”

11. Click “Close” and click Save Property

12. Click “Save Object”

13. Restarted the SCCM services.