IT_GUY31

Deploying XP via WDS

Question

Hello,

I am trying to get Windows XP deployed through WDS but when I image the netbook, Everything goes according to plan until it restarts then I get a \boot\bcd error. I assume its cause is the boot file that I got from the Vista Enterprise disk. I would like to know if there is a special way you need to deploy windows xp or if it is something that I dont have set up correctly. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

have a look at this post

I have read that post and our option 67 is already set to boot\x86\wdsnbp.com. I guess im looking for some help imaging netbooks through wds because we are not able to. One gets a \boot\bcd errror still and the other gives you a dhcp error after you select the boot file. Really makes no sense to me. Anyway, it would save us ALOT of time and effort if we could get these issues fixed or even find out if netbooks can be imaged through wds. Thanks.

use the X64 CD

I will have to check to see if we have the original cds. Here at the university, we have SO many copies of the CD's and I am using one of the Enterprise copies. I will try this tomorrow and let you know of any further issues.

P.S. I really apprecaite the time you are giving me to help me with my issues. Thanks.