Johnny_Eyebrows

ZTI Refresh Application Mapping

Question

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a Zero-Touch sequence for updating from XP to Win7 - While I've got it so that the windows network settings and user settings are backed up and moved across, I'm having an issue in trying to configure the application install part.

While setting mandatory applications is an easy solution for the common apps (eg Office 2010 instead of Office 2003), I'm trying to find information on how to set up a form of automatic application mapping, so that on the gather process, when the system finds Office 2003, it knows to automatically set the task sequence to install Office 2010, when it finds GenericApp V2, it will install GenericApp V2, and when it finds Obsolete App V3, it will install New Shiny App V1.

Does anyone know where I can find guides on how to do this?

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

A simple solution should be to create for each of these programs their own collection and set a task sequence variable on them. Then fill the collections by inventory queries.

In you task sequence you can create install program/application steps depending on These variables

Hi Peter -

I've done that for some of the apps, but we have a number of programs that have been in place for close onto a decade, and there is no GUID recorded for several of them, and they were in place before we had SCCM, so have never created packages for them.

I've found some info from Chris Nackers, so am trying to use his guides to achieve what I'm looking for