Kazi

SCCM 2012 R2 - Software Update folders deleting

Just to confirm that you are not crazy. I have the exact same thing happening. My downloaded updates are also missing and we are unable to find the cause. We do not have any scripts running or special installs for our SCCM enviroment.

Thanks,

Ross

Just to check, you guys create a new folder for each update package right?

So for example:

\\ServerName\Updates\UpdatePackage1

\\ServerName\Updates\UpdatePackage2

\\ServerName\Updates\UpdatePackage3

etc

As far as I know and you are free to correct me on this one but if you enter the same folder (\\ServerName\Updates)for all the update packages and SCCM's package validation comes around it will empty out the folder because the rest in there from the other packages should'nt be there.

Hi guys,

same issue here, I have a customer with a small SCCM 2012 R2 with randomly update packages disappearing from the Updates folder. Doing this http://www.verboonSPAM!/2013/08/configmgr-2012-troubleshooting-a-software-update-package/ solves the problem for the missing package, but the problem keeps showing up every week or so....

David Papini

MCT,MCSE

I ran into a similar problem and came across this thread trying to track down the cause. In my situation, I found a Forefront Defs package a prior admin had setup that was pointed at the root of our package share \\<server>\Packages, where we are storing all our update packages. The package was also being updated by an automatic deployment rule.

My guess is the ADR was running, seeing folders that weren't part of the Defs package at the root, and clearing out everything else, like: \\<server>\Packages\Win_7_Updates, \\<server>\Packages\Win_8_Updates

I've pointed the Defs package to a subfolder, am rebuilding my other packages, and will see how it works out.

I am having the EXACT same problem as the OP. every month right before patch Tuesday I have to remember to recreate the folders and then the folders disappear. I have no idea why and no answers were posted in this thread. has anyone solved this??

I'm experiencing this problem as well. We have a consultant that is at a loss for what is going on as well. This all points to a bug in R2. The new CU5 DOES NOT mention this, so it will still linger.

Could it be the Content Validation scheduled doing this in the DP role???

just came across this old post and it seems like we are having the exact same issue.

I created a new software update package for our servers on Tuesday
i patched our DEV servers without any issues.

it is now saturday and we just discovered that the update files have mysteriously been deleted... we have no idea how this happened or why as nobody has been deleting anything.

we blame SCCM for this but its hard to say as theres no indication anywhere as to what is happening.

i know this is an old post but did anybody ever find a root cause for this?