jester805

Client machine keeps rebooting itself during PXE

Question

Hey guys-

I am pretty new to SCCM, but I setup a SCCM 2012 SP1 CU4 server. I am using it for Endpoint Protection and Windows Updates.

I have been reading on how to use PXE and have followed several guides to get this working. Right now my workstation will successfully boot using PXE. My problem is that the machine reboots immediately after "Preparing Network Connections." I do get an IP address when I push F8 so it's not a network driver issue.

I am attaching my smsts.log file. There are 4 error lines in red, but I cannot figure out how to fix this.

• Coult not create WMI locator class (80040154)
  • Failed to connect to WMI namespace \\.\ROOT\CIMV2 (Code 0x80040154)
  • RegOpenKeyExW failed for Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence
  • GetTsRegValue() failed. 0x80070002.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

smsts.log

4 answers to this question

is wmi missing from your boot wim ?

also, do you get an ip address ? have you added any network drivers to your boot wim ? what client are you booting ?

How can I check if wmi is missing from the boot wim? I followed the link you posted and one guy says he ran "peimg /list" but I don't know where to run that command.

I do get an IP address and I can ping other devices on my network. I have not added any network drivers.....I did not think I needed to since I was getting an IP address. I am trying to boot a Windows 7 client.

Thanks!

I followed the instructions on this post and it fixed my issue.

http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2013/08/01/how-to-create-configmgr-2012-boot-images-from-scratch/

Now I have another issue. The problem reads "Task Sequence: <task sequence name> has failed with the error code (0x00000001). For more information, contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator."