zoelayka

Component Status Type and availability both unknown

I do have similar issue with SCCM 2012 R2 in a Server 2012 R2 box. All Site System roles are in the Primary Site Server box. The infrastructure has C:\, E:\, F:\, G:\ and H:\ drives. The SCCM is installed in E:\ and SQL Server 2012 has been installed in F:\. and I am using H:\ as the Software Library with contents for the only DP so far.

I am getting Site Status Availability of most of the roles as "Online" but Distribution Point role is showing "Unknown" status along with "Component Server" and "Site Server" roles. (Please see the attachment). So far I did not notice any problem and all log files are not reporting any issue as well. Do you have any idea why this is happening ? Also it is noticeable that SCCM created a bunch of DP roles (one for each drive letter) for single DP role installation. Not sure if this is a bug in Server 2012 R2 ? Any thoughts please ?

post-18386-0-21880200-1397574533_thumb.jpg

Thanks Peter for your reply, i cannot find anything in log files. Do you have any tips to look at. Weird thing was this morning that everything was online. But after that i got MP failures, so i decided (because i installed cu1 before) that i wanted to do the installation fresh again without the CU1. I am still having the same issue but didn't finish configuring sccm totally yet, so i will let you know tomorrow

After installation it might take some time before the status is reflecting correctly. For more information you can right-click on the component and click Show Messages > All. Even more information can be found in the log files (<InstallDirectory>\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs)

Hello Peter,

This is the 6th day that the new SCCM environment is online and everything (so far) seems to be working fine. I have checked the log files (like distmgr.log etc ) and also the DP component log file as well. No where I see any RED lines or anything that raises flag. All log files are showing as "Success" written between the lines. Still the "Site Status Availability" for the DP, the Site Server and the Component Server are showing as UNKNOWN (pls refer to my last screenshot as above).

I heard from someone that this problem might be related to IIS security related issue. But I am not sure. Once again, I am running SCCM 2012 R2 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks very much.

Hello there, i am having this issue after every reboot. it might take a while but not hours. Also in the logs which i ofcourse checked before putting anything online ;) is nothing to see at all. In my case all of the components have a availability of unknow and type also unknown

Found the problem in my case. There was a difference in time, after my collegue fixed this on VMWare, the time was right again and after a reboot all of the components were online. Before i had a difference between the windows time which time was right and the time in the eventviewer was 1 hour forward (also in SCCM it was 1 hour later)
The only problem now i keep having is that my MP says that there is 0kb which should be 150GB. (in the SIte status) No errors in the log files, :(post-19876-0-61018300-1397731867_thumb.jpg