ITSSROCKS

Trouble Deploying XP Captured Image

Question

Hi Everyone, I'm in need of some help because I just can't figure out what is going on. I followed the guide to implement WDS on a windows server 2003 SP2. I had no problem adding the vista image from the DVD and was able to deploy with no error. The problem i am having is with capturing XP image and deploying it.

I managed to captured the image by creating a boot image and creating one through the wizard and uploading it to server. When i go to the server, i see the captured installation image on the list but when i try to pxe boot using the same boot image from the Vista DVD, I can only see the vista image and not the XP image. Am i suppose to link the image to the boot file in order to see it? I thought all the images that i have on the install image list should appear once i boot into PE?

I currently captured the image on a X86 environment with XP SP3 using sysprep for SP3 in vmware virtual enviroment. I'm not sure if that is the problem but please help me out because i really need to figure it out. Thank you so much in advance everyone!

1 answer to this question