Jump to content


dedmete

Endpoint Protection suddenly causing issues with XP

Recommended Posts

Hello,

We still have several users on Windows XP. Today, none of there computers are working. It locks up either at the login or a minute or two after they get to the desktop. They are all getting the following error:

 

MsMpEng.exe application error 0x5a4d684d re memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

 

Once they get the error, the computer becomes un-responsive. I don't get the error in safe mode, but I can't uninstall Endpoint Protection in safe mode either. Has anyone else run into this? Is there a quick way to disable the service (I've read MS has hardened the service to prevent tampering).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this issues this morning also we fixed it by appling the update found in this article http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/043515cb-2746-43dc-94e0-441f70fd50b8/system-center-endpoint-protection-error-0x80004005?forum=configmanagergeneral

 

You need to disable "Enable Behavior Monitoriing" on your endpoint protection clients for windows xp.

 

In SCCM 2012 go to Assets and Compliance > Endpoint Protection > Antimalware Policies (Create a policy) > Real Time Protection > Change Enable behavior monitoring to: NO.

 

Hope this helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not only a problem with Endpoint Protection on Windows XP but on any Windows XP platform that uses Microsoft Security Essentials !!!

See my post on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-winapps/bug-in-microsoft-security-essentials-lames-windows/7e105845-e4e7-4b0d-b7f8-485ba538e3b2?tm=1397657483331

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this issues this morning also we fixed it by appling the update found in this article http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/043515cb-2746-43dc-94e0-441f70fd50b8/system-center-endpoint-protection-error-0x80004005?forum=configmanagergeneral

 

You need to disable "Enable Behavior Monitoriing" on your endpoint protection clients for windows xp.

 

In SCCM 2012 go to Assets and Compliance > Endpoint Protection > Antimalware Policies (Create a policy) > Real Time Protection > Change Enable behavior monitoring to: NO.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Thank you, this resolved our issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...