yoda1

Installing application manually during task sequence

Question

hello folks,

I have a question. I am new to sccm 2012 os deploying but learning very quickly......I have created a standard task sequence to deploy the default windows 7 image, install adobe, java and office no problem...

I am trying to capture an image now and this is what I am doing. I added a task sequence step at the end of the default standard task to capture.......

my question is, can I install an application manually during a capture phase ?? I have tried pausing the task sequence but I don't know how to install the app. I was expecting when I pause the task seq at the end that I would get the desktop at the end and install the application before the final capture.......am I making sense in what I am asking ?? I hope so.........I am limited in that I don't want to use mdt, just sccm 2012 task sequences.....

thanks much

3 answers to this question

thanks...so once i build and capture, do i take the new wim file and create a new operating system and operating installer ?? do i need to distribute the content ?? do i just copy the captured wim file into the default windows source folder ???

so a question during the capture phase......one of the task sequences installs the config manager client....do i do this during the build and capture phase or during the actuall deployment of the OS ??? also i was told to make the wim file small dont install apps on the base image but after during deploying.....thoughts ??

After the capture, take your wim file and create a new operating system image, distribute it to your dp(s) and use it in your deployment task sequence.

Depending on what you prefer, a quick deployment, or a up-to-date deployment. A quick deployment would mean everything in your image (thick image) and an up-to-date deployment would mean application installations during your deployment (thin image).