Tarecco

PXE-T01: File Not found

Question

post-3296-1246652862_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone

i'm trying to deploy a windows vista x64 dutch version (downloaded from MSDN) so this version have multi versions.

so here is the story i'm trying from a month ago and not luck. the stuation is server 2003 english version x86 and vista x64 version to PC x64 compatible,

i followed wds guide on this site and everything went well accept the booting on the pc. i get ip address from my DHCP and it follow a with this error:

PXE-T01: FILE NOT FOUND

PXE-E3B: TFTP ERROR - FILE NOT FOUND

see picture above

and then nothing happening further

does anyone know a solution or does anyone this have same problem

thank you and sorry for my english

file not found means it cannot find a file to read or boot from

verify that you have a boot image in windows deployment services

if you do, is the WDS server running on the same pc as the DHCP server or a different one ?

post-3296-1246781647_thumb.jpg

thanks,

i'm asking that question only to be sure, for mixed mode i have to use windows deployment service legacy,

well i'm trying to make Mixed mode with vista x64 but i get error see picture.

thank you again

Mixed

In mixed mode (Windows Server 2003), WDS offers both OSChooser and WinPE booting, plus RISetup, RIPrep and WIM functionality. Management of RIS is via the RIS utilities, and management of WDS via the WDS mmc console or command line utility (wdsutil). The mode requires that RIS has been pre-configured on the Windows 2003 server.

the above tells you that you should have setup RIS first, otherwise you'll end up in native mode with no possibility of doing ris or legacy installs

so maybe its time to uninstall WDS and start again by reading this WDS topic

the above tells you that you should have setup RIS first, otherwise you'll end up in native mode with no possibility of doing ris or legacy installs

so maybe its time to uninstall WDS and start again by reading this WDS topic

hello anyweb

i knew that but should i use windows XP, 2003 server or vista CD/DVD to get oschooser. i'm asking that because i'm going to deploy vista .

i hope isn't a stupid question ;)