Atomic12

Customization of Internet Explorer 9 (HKCU key!) problems

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Guess the language barrier is coming into play :)

I am missing the part on how to implement it to sccm? How do I keep the defuser path open?

Because when I use this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MINIE]
"TabBandWidth"=dword:000001a8
"LinksBandEnabled"=dword:00000001
"AlwaysShowMenus"=dword:00000001

It does not apply.

As i stated before I use the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\defuser\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MINIE the i get the error message:

post-22178-0-04707200-1399881661_thumb.jpg

Hope you understand it.

Thank you for spending your time with me and this issue.

ok i've done a very quick test in CM12 and created a simple package and program to deploy registry settings to a user, it worked fine and i did a little video which hopefully helps you resolve this once and for all, in the video you can see that the registry keys do not exist prior to running the package in Software Center, the package is deployed to a Device Collection as available.

I can run/test this over and over by deleting the registry keys on the client and then re-running the package from software center.

the key takeaway here is that I use the defuser process in a task sequence to apply the change to ALL Users, but in this example I apply a change only to the current logged on user so the Defuser process is not used at all.

Ok, your last sentence is what I am missing, so I did not "open" the defuser path in the task sequence.

I like you solution to solve it with advertisment, I will test it today and let you know the results.

BIG THANK YOU FOR A VIDEO TUTORIAL!

to be clear, the defuser process explained here is to apply a registry change to All Users (using a task sequence) while the video above, is to apply registry changes to the current logged on user only and does not involve any task sequence and does not use the defuser process at all.

ok ?

Yup, thanks,

Now I got it finally:

This refers:

post-22178-0-97307500-1399890557_thumb.jpg

To this:

post-22178-0-85551300-1399890716_thumb.jpg

I was doing your steps all in CMD! At least I know that I am a noob on a windows-noob forum :)

Now when I came across this "discovery" I will try both options.