lambicmxr

Create Collection using the Win32_PnPSignedDriver class

Question

A quick question for all of the GURUS on this forum. I am trying to create a collection that is based on having a specific driver version installed on a server. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what the query language should look like?

thank you ahead of time for the help.

6 answers to this question

This should allow you to query the Win32_PNPSignedDriver class select * from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_PNP_DEVICE_DRIVER on SMS_G_System_PNP_DEVICE_DRIVER.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_PNP_DEVICE_DRIVER.<Something> = <Something>. I just don't see anything in there related to a driver version....

This is strange. I have been searching the web for a couple of days now in between trouble tickets. There is almost no mention of a way to do this. The class is in WMI. You can pull all of the relevant info "driver name, driver version, etc" through powershell. But you can't seem to use it within SCCM .

Is there a way I can add this class safely to client settings to make it usable? Do i need to write a custom .mof addition and import it?

If the class exist within WMI then you can add it to CM07/CM12 and inventory it.

Do you need to write a custome .mof? It depends, but in CM12 80% of the time you can just select it and it just works. If it doesn't then you need to write a custom mof. In CM07 you will always have to create a custom mof.

So I can't seem to leverage any of the values from this class. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I went into "client settings", created a new custom client setting. I added the Win32_pnpsigneddriver class, selecting "name and Driver version" as the classes to be collected. One interesting note is within SCCM 2012 this class has a space in its name i.e. "Pn P Signed Driver", not sure if thats worth noting or not. Once I set the classes I deployed the settings to a collection containing my test machines. I then pointed a seperate collection to my test machine collection with a query based membership rule using the Driver Version that should be pulled by the Win32_pnpsigneddriver. My collection never populates. Are there any suggestions? thanks for your help.