ZeZe

SCCM 2012 R2 - ReImage Windows 7 x64 - Fail to install agent at the end

Quite odd indeed, all I see of note is this

Disk full: Out of disk space -- Volume: 'D:'; required space: 2.198 KB; available space: 0 KB. Free some disk space and retry.

MSI (s) (8C:34) [13:26:53:910]: Product: Configuration Manager Client -- Disk full: Out of disk space -- Volume: 'D:'; required space: 2.198 KB; available space: 0 KB. Free some disk space and retry.

then trying a repair again

Property(S): WelcomeDialog_DesktopWarning = WARNING: A previous version of the ConfigMgr client agent is already installed on this computer. Continuing will cause the previous version of the ConfigMgr client agent to be removed.

Perhaps your client is stuck in provisioning mode.

Can you check the following registry keys on the client:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmExec\ProvisioningMode >>>> value should be false

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmExec\SystemTaskExcludes >>> value should be empty

Perhaps your client is stuck in provisioning mode.

Can you check the following registry keys on the client:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmExec\ProvisioningMode >>>> value should be false

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmExec\SystemTaskExcludes >>> value should be empty

True! They are! :) Like I said, from the SCCM console, if I ask the server to install the client it will. It fails to install the client during the image installation.

:)

In that case, you could add the correct registry keys at the end of the task sequence as a workaround.

However, this doesn't solve the root cause of the problem, so I'd suggest to keep investigating.

What happens if you run ccmeval on the client? Does it repair the agent?

In that case, you could add the correct registry keys at the end of the task sequence as a workaround.

However, this doesn't solve the root cause of the problem, so I'd suggest to keep investigating.

What happens if you run ccmeval on the client? Does it repair the agent?

The keys are set to false and empty. So they are right? :)

From the console, if I check the option to uninstall the current version, it's removes and install the agent without any problems.