iasysadmin

Wanting to upgrade to WDS in Server2012R2, MDT2013 & MDOP

Question

Hi there,

Totally new member to this site so Hi to all! I'm not that familiar with Server2012R2 (2 days) although I was using WDS on a Server2008R2 VM until our VMware 5.1 Server crashed for some reason and it corrupted one server that had to be rebuilt and also corrupted the Deployment server! I tried putting out 3 pc's but the process was different and I could tell something was wrong. So I figured since it's not working, might as well take this opportunity to upgrade to Server2012R2 WDS and MDT2010 or MDT2013 and also wanting to use MDOP so we can use the DART tools on the PC's!!

Only problem is after googling the heck out of it and reading so many online instructions, some are different and know I'm more confused than I was to begin with!!

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me, I appreciate it! Thank you , thank you , thank you!

1 answer to this question

WDS on Server 2012 R2 is virtually identical to 2008 R2. The main difference is you don't have to have a domain to use it. I know there's other improvements mainly geared towards Windows 8 and UEFI, but I haven't dabbled in that department. MDOP is straightforward. Install it, create your DaRT image. I don't have experience with MDT. If you can provide more details on where you need help I'm sure we can provide more assistance.