P3nnyw1se

having to 'clean' in diskpart before f12

Hi guys..

Whenever I try to OSD a computer that has several partitions.. (I got like 60 vista computers that have some hidden partitions, restore partitions etc.)
I'm unable to get past the step and select a harddisk.

if I pull down CMD.. and do a diskpart clean..
then I'm able to move past that point.

I'm assuming this is because my task sequence isn't able to handle OSD on a computer with several partitions.
But why? where do I change that?

In task sequence it seems like I'm doing the right things in 'format' and it does indeed work fine.. as long as its working with a computer that only has one partition

if you use the mdt integrated task sequences they have multiple steps for dealing with partitions, are you ?

I do, I get a step where
I partition the disk and create an OSDisk and use it as my System drive.

and thats it, then I got a machine created with the c:\ .

I'm not sure where exactly I'm suppose to deal with current partitions on the disk, maybe I'm missing a step
or deleted it by mistake.

in the first step of my TS, i destroy all partitions on clients and format the disk, but this is due to old encryption and i needed to do so.

but that could possibly do what you need, providing you don't need to keep those partitions.

Just add in a format and partition disk, it's on the standard options when creating a task sequence.

Add > Disks > Format & Partition disk

it's just got a primary disk partition to take 100% of space

thx that makes sense, even though I'm not sure why that functionality isn't already working in the disk format
where I do C:\ = OSdisk, 100% Space

I will look at it Again, history will show I most likely made an error

Not sure if i have the same problem as in this thread.....

When we PXE boot devices with disk encryption (bitlocker, mcafee or checkpoint), we obviously cannot run any command in WinPE to be able to access the disk to download the boot WIM, which is necessary due to the really awful SCCM issue whereby the boot media associated with the LAST task sequence that was deployed, is the one that is run when PXE booting, even if it does not patch the media associated with the TS that is deployed to that specific device.

The end result is that the device must pull down the correct boot media, which it cannot do as all partitions are encrypted.

Has anyone else experienced that and have a decent workaround for it? it is especially problematic for EFI devices that will only run x64 media, and therefore will not even boot from x86 media.