Scott S

PXE BOOT MENU

When I was testing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit; there was a way of advertising software to the bootable media.

For instance, I could put multiple pieces of software and have it optional to install. Kind of like a menu you can choose what OS you want and what software you want to put on the machine. (at this time we didn't have pxe so we were using media boots).

Is there a way to do this with SCCM PXE? Basically I want a master image with the basics (ie; office, avp, few tweeks) then I would like some software to be optional during the image process for special installs. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks a bunch.. and I really appreciate your how-to-guides. Some of the best i've read on the internet.

hi Scotts,

what you are probably referring to is the Lite Touch menu's you see with MDT, you can get a similar effect by using HTA's within SCCM, read about that here