PaulWhite@pickens.k12

KB removal using win32_quickfixengineering

for some reason Kb2859537 causes our client computers to hag on boot at applying user policy, so I do not deploy it, so I thought. We have recently started using the imaging in config manager and one of my techs discovered the update on some x32 machines and the update had been applied to the x32 image. I created another image and then had to come up with a way to remove it from the machines that had it. In my lab I turned on win32_"QFE" and was able to build a collection showing the 3 machines I loaded it on, I created a task sequence to remove it using wusa silent uninstall and everything worked great. In production I have turned on QFE and I am still not seeing any machines reporting in hardware inventory.

Any thoughts?

post-24746-0-79545900-1399987071_thumb.jpg

post-24746-0-24166800-1399987791_thumb.jpg

post-24746-0-67326200-1399987824_thumb.jpg

Could it be that no hardware inventory has ran, yet?

Make sure to adjust the hardware inventory in a client policy that is targeted to your clients, run a machine policy refresh and after that run a hardware inventory. That should get your information. If not, you might have to start looking in log files.