Srinivas

Pxe boot issue

Question

I did thank you, what I had forgot was to add the boot.wim and install.wim from my 2008 server CD. After doing so I it starts to load files and comes up with the following.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."

3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File : \Windows\system32\boot\win load.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I am getting this error recently ...Before it is working Fine ..Please help me for this issue.

9 answers to this question

is this happening with all clients that pxe boot to the server, what messages if any do they see before this ? any errors on your SCCM server in site status/component status ?

is this happening with all clients that pxe boot to the server, what messages if any do they see before this ? any errors on your SCCM server in site status/component status ?

Hi Thanks a lot for reply..

the component status OK ..

The problem is we have 1 site server and 7 distribution points.We configure WDS in site server and fron DP we just enable WDS services.

Before it is working fine ...But recently we are getting this error ...

try restarting the WDS service

Hi,

We already tried to restart WDS services but problem still persist .

I have cheked inflobox dhcp configuration ..every thing seems ok.

Prot 66 we configured bootfile like ...smsboot\\wdsnbp.com

port 67 we configured bootfile path like:smsboot\\x86\wdsnbp.com

Boot sever we configured our DP server

i have one doubt ...In site server we configured boot images and Task sequence in SCCM does WDS need to configure are SCCM will take care.

sccm will take care of the WDS configuration as long as WDS is actually functional, so is the WDS service started or not ?

ok good that wds is up and running, also please remember this is a free forum, you are free to come here and post questions and learn information and share it, I am not obligated in any way to restore your service if it is down as you are not paying for a support contract,

however, you are here, and asking for help so I will do what I can

something must have changed in your environment to cause your current problem and usually the logs will tell you, so what are the logs saying ???