yoda1

sccm 2012 TS failing on joining domain

Question

hey guys,

I have an urgent issue......my task sequence cant seem to join a domain now....it was working before....I can join the domain using the same credentials after the task sequence ends so don't understand...

I noticed one thing...

when I go into the network settings task sequence and specify the user name, password and click test connection it works fine the first time but if I open that dialog again and click test connection it fails with error logon failure:unknown user name or bad password....

I don't get it...

also I am not specifying any OU...its blank....

help.

9 answers to this question

I think I may know whats going on...looking at the netsetup.log, it says the computer object is already in the OU but I have already deleted the computer account from with AD......is there anything else I need to do ???

I think the problem resides before the TS is run......when I am setting up a standard task sequence and entering domain, user name, password...the first time I enter info and test connection it works but any subsequent times I try to test connection it fails......there is something going on there....

Have you tried creating a new domain join account?

Also I know it connects the first time round but just to be sure test whether you can actually log into a system on the domain with this account (maybe password expired) or is looking to change the password to a new one after expiry. Hopefully this is the problem.

Another thing this is normal behaviour when you edit a task sequence after the initial domain verify that it does not connect the second time, but if you re-enter the password in the password field it should connect. Just tested it and have the same symptoms, so I don't think this has anything to do with the problem your having.