shockwave

problems with software updates

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy windows updates but it won't work. Problems with WSUS? I need this for Endpoint protection.

I have WSUS 3.0 SP2 already installed.

wsyncmgr.log:

Sync failed: WSUS update source not found on site SVD. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details.. Source: getSiteUpdateSource SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 17/05/2014 9:31:50 3488 (0x0DA0)
STATMSG: ID=6703 SEV=E LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER" SYS=ConfigMgr1.eindwerk.local SITE=SVD PID=2332 TID=3488 GMTDATE=za mei 17 08:31:50.749 2014 ISTR0="getSiteUpdateSource" ISTR1="WSUS update source not found on site SVD. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details." ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0 SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 17/05/2014 9:31:51 3488 (0x0DA0)
Sync failed. Will retry in 60 minutes SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 17/05/2014 9:31:51 3488 (0x0DA0)
2lwpwrs.png
WCM.log:
Remote configuration failed on WSUS Server. SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER 17/05/2014 9:32:02 3472 (0x0D90)
Setting new configuration state to 3 (WSUS_CONFIG_FAILED) SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER 17/05/2014 9:32:02 3472 (0x0D90)

2q2ilxl.png

software update point settings in SCCM:

2r3ckle.png

specs:

everything is VMWare

Win 2008R2 server

wind 2008 sql server db

SCCM 2012 R2

site code is SVD

I had the same problem, I pulled the update point roll from the server. Uninstalled WSUS as well, then started from fresh.

I installed both the hot fixes and don't forget DO NOT CONFIGURE WSUS MANUALLY! You have to install WSUS only, the SUP will configure the rest. The settings must be configured in the SUP roll and not WSUS.

Hope it helps

Hi,

I have problem in configuring the WSUS in SCCM 2012 R2. I tried all the options which you have mentioned, but did not work. Could you please help me out in configuring the same. I have attached my log file for your reference.

We are using proxy server to connect the microsoft site with authentication.

post-25317-0-81472700-1403527609_thumb.jpg

wsyncmgr.log

WCM.log

Hi,

I have problem in configuring the WSUS in SCCM 2012 R2. I tried all the options which you have mentioned, but did not work. Could you please help me out in configuring the same. I have attached my log file for your reference.

We are using proxy server to connect the microsoft site with authentication.

It says quite clearly in the above log file REFER TO THE WCM.LOG FOR CONFIGURATION ERROR DETAILS. Have you done that? Have you attached the WCM.log to the forum?........

So basically WSUS and SCCM are not talking to each other, i would definitely do the same as posted above, carrying out each of the following steps carefully accurately (attention to detail again!!!) :P )

1. Uninstall the SUP role. Wait until you are certain this has completed, or check the log to make sure.

2. Reboot SCCM server.

3. Uninstall WSUS, verify this has completed successfully, even log should help.

4. Reboot WSUS server.

5. Install WSUS.

6. Install first update.

7 Reboot

8. Install second update depending on OS i think....

9 Reboot

11 DO NOT GO INTO WSUS CONSOLE AT ALL EVER!

12 Add SUP role to SCCM

13 Wait until that completes, check the SCCM server logs to confirm

14 Configure/confirm SCCM SUP settings are as required (i would recommend only ticking a couple of products for testing

14 Trigger a WSUS sync from the SCCM console.

15 Check the status of SCCM logs.

Post back to let us know how you got on.