r08813s

SCCM 2012 - PXE/WDS Errors

I've scoured windows-noob for the last couple days, but can't find anything relating to what I'm seeing during a PXE boot.

I currently have a side-by-side SCCM install. My new rollout is all HTTPS with a CAS infrastructure, just trying to get PXE working on it.

I've re installed the DP multiple times, attempted to manually remove WDS and its shares (remoteinstall) and have rebuilt the Boot Images from the WAIK (the Win 8.1 ones), and have ensured they are on the DP.

It looks like PXE is working fine, but SCCM or WDS is not finding the Boot Images from SCCM?

I don't really understand the process after the PXE client loads "\\FQDN.edu\REMINST\SMSBoot\x86\wdsnbp.com"

Thanks so much in advance!

post-24972-0-42024100-1400618249_thumb.jpg

WDSNBP started using DHCP referral.

Are you working across VLANs?

Have you configured DHCP options? (Unsupported by Microsoft)

If any of the above are true, you will have to configure IP helpers, DHCP relays on your switches.

Also I see it is requesting you to press f12 for network boot, I assume you have pressed F12 at this stage?

Rocket Man -

I have configured DHCP with the 66 and 67 options. These settings in DHCP work great with my other SCCM deployment, when I change the IP to the new SCCM server, I get the screenshot above. The DHCP Helpers and relays are configured on the core and have worked with other SCCM/FOG/Altiris deployments.

Pressing f12 gets me to a boot device not found message.

Removed the management point, to see if there was an issue with the boot image distribution. Just re-Installed the management point, and i'm getting the

"MP Control Manager detected DMP is not responding to HTTP requests. The http status code and text is 401, Unauthorized."

I don't understand this message, as there shouldn't be any http traffic, as the MP and DP are configured in HTTPS only modes. Is there something I need to configure in IIS?

I realise this is a very low practice reason I'm suggesting, thats because I'm a noob at SCCM

but are you sure the device has a task sequence deployed?
and the boot image the task sequence uses is distributed?

I used to get this error because I had only deployed my Task Sequence to 'unknown computers' , meaning computers not in my Active Directory.
So when I tried to PXE a computer already in SCCM, this happened. I then had to deploy my Task Sequence to a Collection already containing this machine

Removed the management point, to see if there was an issue with the boot image distribution. Just re-Installed the management point, and i'm getting the

"MP Control Manager detected DMP is not responding to HTTP requests. The http status code and text is 401, Unauthorized."

I don't understand this message, as there shouldn't be any http traffic, as the MP and DP are configured in HTTPS only modes. Is there something I need to configure in IIS?

Removing a Management Point because of problems with a boot image?!?! Those two things are not related at all.

About your error message, your Management Point does a health check once every hour (I thought). Make sure your certificates are configured and you should be fine.