Weiry

Un-install string via package

Hi

I want to uninstall chrome from some PCs in our domain. I have updated the the old chrome install with the corporate version as it adds it to the right pleases and it's available in "add and remove programs" as I read that it installs it to the users profile unless the corporate version is used.

I thought I would use a uninstall program delivered via SCCM 2012 to get rid of the app but it's not doing it.

I get an error saying:

There was a problem applying changes to the software, you can try again....blar blar blar.

Then the error information is

Error 0x80070002(-2147024894)

I have created a package with a "Standard Program" and when it comes to the command line, I added the following:

MsiExec.exe /X{FBD50733-2ABE-3D23-88B4-7B0C0A0ADDA0}

I tried running this from one of the affected PCs via a command prompt and it pops up with a dialog box asking if I sure I want to uninstall chrome, so I'm thinking I must be close?

I did wonder if that was the issue and that it failed because the dialog couldn't be answered, I tried the q/ and /quiet switches but still no use.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please

Thanks very much

You need a /qn on your command line.

We use a batch file which uses the setup.exe and has a reg edit to remove entries from the registry. And lastly any directories from the users profile.

setup.exe --uninstall --force-uninstall
regedit /s removeChromeRegEntries.reg
rmdir %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google /S /Q

• Like 1

Hi

That seemed to work great, one thing though, I noticed it ended up in the software center! I would prefer it to run in the background without the user needing to go there and hit install.

Can anyone explain how I can do that?

Cheers