sm0kyb0nez

M3800 Boot Driver issue

Question

so i have been trying for a few days off and on to get the new M3800's imaged. I cant seem to find the right combination of drivers to get this laptop to boot into WinPE. I have the LAN7500 driver, both of the USB 3.0 root hub drivers, and both of the USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller drivers. I have tried to pick and choose other drivers to get this to work but i keep getting an error when booting with the boot media and i cannot get an IP. i can see the drives fine and when i look at the drivers via DISM i see the correct driver for the LAN7500 network dongle.

can someone send me a list of drivers used on a boot media so i can try that combination? i feel i am close i just cant find the light switch!

any help would be very much appreciated.

Jason

2 answers to this question

so i have been trying for a few days off and on to get the new M3800's imaged. I cant seem to find the right combination of drivers to get this laptop to boot into WinPE. I have the LAN7500 driver, both of the USB 3.0 root hub drivers, and both of the USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller drivers. I have tried to pick and choose other drivers to get this to work but i keep getting an error when booting with the boot media and i cannot get an IP. i can see the drives fine and when i look at the drivers via DISM i see the correct driver for the LAN7500 network dongle.

can someone send me a list of drivers used on a boot media so i can try that combination? i feel i am close i just cant find the light switch!

any help would be very much appreciated.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am in the same boat and would like to get this piece of junk an IP address so I can get on with the task sequence execution.

Thanks in advance,

Sneh