sirleon

config manager 2012 unknown wsus status

Hello, I am new to configuration manager. I have wsus updates downloading into all software updates and synchronization is fine. I know everything takes time with this software but its been 5 days and when clicking on any MS updates it shows status is unknown for all systems. On the assets it shows that the policy, heartbeat, hardware scan, software scan have all been done. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Just going by what you have in the post, you don't mention ever deploying the updates. If you do not deploy them the status will be unknown for clients. Otherwise the clients do not get the sccm policy for the WSUS server, unless you are setting it via GPO.

Hi guys thank you for replying!!! I did not deploy any updates, I thought it would just scan the computes first to see if the updates are needed. I have setup the summarization schedule is set to every 1 day. I will try to deploy some a few updates to see what happens and will let you guys know. Again thanks so much for replying.