pure_evil79

Unable to add DPs

I don't get any warnings or errors when going through the wizard to deploy a Site System Server. When looking at it on the Administration > Servers and Site System Roles screen I see that they have Site System and Distribution Point roles installed. They do not, however, show up under Administration > Distribution points or under Monitoring > Distribution Point Configuration Status.

I found the following error in the distmgr.log file:

CDistributionManager::ConfigureDP failed; 0x80004005

and it was preceded by:

Get empty entry for account and server remote name from DB

Those are the only errors I see in that log.

I also found the following in the SMSProv.log file:

*~*~e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\siteserver\sdk_provider\smsprov\SspInterface.h(1198) : Error retrieving object FileType=2~*~*

*~*~Error retrieving object FileType=2 ~*~*

I took a look at the database and noticed that they do not show up in the DistributionPoints table. They do show up in the dpinfo table, but they have the AccessType column set to '0' instead of '3' like the functioning DPs.

Any help is very much appreciated.

After I attempted to add a new DP I started checking the logs on the SCCM server every few minutes and collected logs. I have notes of every error I noted in those logs that happened after I finished the wizard (as well as various other warnings and errors happening throughout the course of the day).

Yes to both. The reason I found these problems is because I had 3 DPs that were having issues so I removed the DP role. When I tried to re-add the role to those 3 I was unable to. I've tested with a couple of machines that were never DPs before, but 3 of them that are giving me issues once worked.

Is this object that it's having trouble accessing (nts_sccm_release\sms\siteserver\sdk_provider\smsprov\SspInterface.h(1198)) supposed to be a file on my site system server? If so, I don't see that path.