tom2139

Updates don't start ...

Hello everyone ;-)

my name is Thomas and I have to do an evaluation on Patch Management Systems for Windows Embedded OSs (WES7, XPe, Win 8 Embedded).

For testing purposes, the write filters are disabled at the moment.

I've set up a lab environment:

Everthing is virtualized on Hyper V (MS Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V role:

MS Server 2012 R2 x64, all recent updates installed: AD, DNS, GC : VLAN 1

MS Server 2012 R2 x64, all recent updates installed: MS SQL Server Enterprise SP1 x64, latest CU update : VLAN1

MS Server 2012 R2 x64, all recent updates installed: MS SCCM 2012 R2, latest CU update : VLAN2

MS Server 2012 R2 x64, all recent updates installed: AD, DNS, GC: VLAN2: shutdown at the moment

WES7 Clients: VLAN3

XP Clients : VLAN4: shutdown

Win 8 Embedded Clients :VLAN 5: shutdown

Inter VLAN routing is done by a Layer 3 Switch, everything works, pings are successfull, all firewalls (including Windows firewall) are shutdown.

I've managed it to get the Client Push Installation done, the Clients can find the SCCM, i can do task sequences on the clients, SCCM is synchronising the updates.....

BUT: The updates aren't installed on the Clients, nothing is shown in Software Center? I can't find Errors in the logs, can anyone help me?

I' tried it on a WES7 client, but also on a Server 2012 R2 member Server, the result is exactly the same error?

how does your updatesDeployment.log look? does it say "total actionable updates = xyz" where xyz is the number of updates the PC needs?

also, under the "user experience" tab of the deployment, have you selected "Hide in Software Center and all Notifications" ? This will prevent updates from showing up in software center.