ThomasBNewcastle

Build and Capture not working error code 0x80070002

Hello

Thanks for reading my post

I have been setting up a test SCCM 2012 R2 Environment - managed to get everything working :-) Apart from my Build and Capture

I am running a V-Sphere environment, no issues to date

I have made a "Build and Capture task Sequence" using the windows 7 CD

When I boot the "test PC" I get the F12 for Network prompt Windows PE loads, I see the Password prompt and then I select my Task sequence

Then the Task Sequence starts to run until 15% of "Applying Operating System" then I get an error message saying that the task sequence failed 0x80070002

Troubleshooting that I have done

1) looked at the SMSPXE log - all seems to be working fine

2) looked at the SMS log on the X: of my test computer (attached) - I cant find anything :-(

3) Made sure that my boot images, Windows installer and Operating system image are all on my DP with 100%

4) thinking that the issue was with my Operating image I have used another CD to import a different OS image - Same thing

5) I found the back up boot images on my hard drive so I have used them to - no change

6) made a new task sequance - same thing

Since I cant see any error messages in the SMS.log file I am unsure on what to do next ( I cant see any error codes) but I am not sure what else to look for

Anyone got any thoughts

sounds like a bad network connection, check for a valid ip when it fails, can you ping the fqdn of the management point ? also, we need the smsts.log file, it will be in x:\windows\temp\smstslog at this point.