jcsernik

OSD not downloading from DP

Hello. I have recently come across an issue with OSD. When performing the PXE boot, the boot image wim downloads from the DP as expected. Once a task sequence for OSD is selected, the OS wim and driver packages are pulled from our site server and not the DP. This was previously working, not sure what changed to break it. All packages/wims are set to "Access content directly from the DP" as well as "Copy content in this package to a package share on distribution points". Their is no change with the default Config Manager package and the package used for direcly accessing content. Any help is appreciated. I am running SCCM 2012 R2 CU1. This was an issue before the R2 CU1 upgrade too.

1. Are the packages in the shares at the remote DPs locations?
  2. Are your Boundary Groups & DP Groups configured properly so that any system with in that boundary gets software from the local DP?

You could deploy your TS and do not tick the option to allow the use of a remote DP, this way if content is not available on the system(s) being OSD'd local DP the TS will complain that SITECODE***** package is not available on the DP. One way of finding out for sure whether or not content is available.

TSoption.JPG

Yes, packages are a deployed in shares on the DP. I went as far as removing all the shares and roles on the DP and setting the DP up again, no change.

The box specifed for the remote DP is unchecked on the deployment, however my dropdown box for deployment options is different. It only lists Download content locally.... and no other options are available.

Looks like I had selected the incorrect Config Manager package. Once I selected the corret one (The one where I "Access directly from the DP"), I was able to select "Access content direct..." for the task sequence and it seems to be working. Thanks for the help!

Once a task sequence for OSD is selected, the OS wim and driver packages are pulled from our site server and not the DP

Great that it is working, but for the purpose of this thread was it the removal of the DP that fixed your initial issue?

No, the removal/addition of the DP role had no affect. Somehow the TS pointed back to the default Config Manager Package. Changing this to the one I created (specifically for OSD and pointing to the exact same source directory of the default package) populated the drop down with the option to "Access content directly.." for the TS deployment, thus fixing my inital issue of only being able to access the boot wim's from the DP only.