syparon

Unknown Computers in a specific IP range

Hello gents,

I would like to create a device collection which contain computers which have not been deployed already and which are in a specific IP range.

After this I would like to deploy a task sequence on this device collection in order to install new computers located on a specific site of our company.

So I created the following WQL query : (does not work)

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.ResourceId in (select ResourceId from SMS_CM_RES_COLL_$ID) and SMS_R_System.IPAddresses like "10.10.10.%"

$ID is the ID of the collection which contain unknow computers (using direct rules)

Any idea ?

thanks for your reply newadmsccm, but it is not exactly what i am looking to achieve.

Actually I already know how to query machines in a specific subnet and I know that there is direct rules in order to gather unknown machines.

But I would like to create a query which combine both, unknown computers which are in a specific subnet.