mkhan

SCCM 2012 Site Recovery and number of issues with Windows Updates for Clients

Hi Micky c,

Sorry I am in panic mode as I can't fix the broken SCCM. I have (and from now on will be) attached the log files.

I can't locate PatchDownloader.log anywhere, I only can see .dll file in two location. One thing I have done differently during the system recover process that is drive location. I possibly installed SCCM on from D drive but this time I have selected E drive.

I can see from SCCM Console that Syncronisation is success and also WSUS syncronization window I can see lots of success but not much download. (if that helps you)

In the event logs I can see sync fail error 6703

wcm.txt

wsyncmgr.txt

from wsyncmgr:

Failed to sync update 91efe48b-7f85-4a74-9f33-26952da55c80. Error: The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded and cannot be accepted. Source: Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.LicenseAgreement.GetById SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 05/06/2014 11:57:43 3148 (0x0C4C)
Failed to sync update 20c93660-7d50-4ffb-a621-688ccc973abf. Error: The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded and cannot be accepted. Source: Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.LicenseAgreement.GetById SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 05/06/2014 11:57:45 3148 (0x0C4C)

Identify what these updates are: 91efe48b-7f85-4a74-9f33-26952da55c80 and 20c93660-7d50-4ffb-a621-688ccc973abf

I have seen this issue "The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded and cannot be accepted" before, but i cannot remember what the solution was.

You could try removing these two updates from the package, as a workaround

Edited by Mikey C
  • Like 1

Thanks for your reply Mickey.

SQL is installed on a different server. During the major disaster, I only lost SCCM media server, not SCCM SQL server. My entire problem started after I recover SCCM media server from SQL. As I said that some of the Windows updates worked find but only Windows updates doesn't work for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 collection. For those two deployment, all clients are showing as "Unknown" in the status

I don't know what those package are and how to find them. But I will give a try and let you the result.

I appriciate your reply.

Still no joy for me. I have found two updates and removed from the software groups, undeployed/redeployed. I have turned of proxy setting in IE and in the Software Update Point Properties, both boxes are unticketed.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39aece6b-c71a-4aad-9b51-f0982fd9196b/the-microsoft-software-license-terms-have-not-been-completely-downloaded-and-cannot-be-accepted?forum=configmanagersecurity

I am still getting error on WSUS Synchronization failed with Event ID 6703 error.

Also I am getting "Sources are current and valid. TTLS are however, invalid in ScanAgent.log (attached). Is it WSUSlocation not currect

No Proxy.rtf

ScanAgent.log

It doesn't solve but I saw similar issue solved by the link given for some others. The reason why I have said" liked" because this forum is going for some time without any result. I was not expecting any solution with this. all my windows clients are without patch for couple of months now.

I have noticed that if I create software group with the Windows Patches, which released before my server crashed, all clients show as "Unknown". But if I create software group with the Windows Patches after I recover the SCCM server from SQL, it work fine.

I think, If there is a way to cleanup older referrences ( in SCCM/WSUS), all of my issues will be resolved including this syncronization error.

My problem is I am not 100% sure this is the solution. and also I don't know how to these or what to do

Hi Peter,

not suer you will see this or not. I run WSUS reset suggested by someone ( http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cf4ebf5a-e19c-4985-9c25-57b1787b0aad/failed-to-sync-update-4d81de562aac433b85f144b464cd09aa-error-the-microsoft-software-license?forum=configmanagergeneral)%C2'> but I am still having the same issues. Any idea what should I do next?