Sighlent

SCCM 2012R2, UEFI, and Win8.1

Question

Environment. Server 2012 running SCCM 2012 R2 (upgraded from SP1), PXE booting a Task Sequence that originally pushed out Windows 8 but has since been copied and changed to install 8.1, All client machines run 64bit and work well "except" for the Lenovo Carbon X1 UEFI boot machine. (This machine did successfully PXE install an image after adding the USB to Ethernet adapter driver to the boot image but has since stopped working). We have one site server with itself as the DP.

The machine will PXE and then fail at a random point after that, always with 80070002 error code and always before the Apply OS Image step.

I have tried a copy, and a new, Task Sequence but as soon as I deploy it, PXE stops working for all models. Delete the newly created TS and PXE starts working again.

I have tried creating a new Windows image file, creating a new boot image, using a 32bit boot image instead of 64bit (Instructor at TechEd 2014 said that UEFI must use 32 bit boot image although with Win8 we were able to PXE install to these machines with the 64 bit boot image).

We still have the original Windows8 Task Sequence and files but even when using it for the X1, I get the same error but all other models complete.

Since this same TS worked previously with the X1, I am unsure what might have changed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

without further details i'm guessing you are missing network drivers

will PXE and then fail at a random point after that, always with 80070002 error code and always before the Apply OS Image step

can you post the SMSTS.log file from a failing machine please ?