ps27

Exclude machines from 1 software update

Hi

We have SCCM 2012 and we have setup our software updates to apply to all our computers. This is working fine but now we have a critical software update that I need to exclude some certain of our computers, due to software incompatibility.

As we apply the software updates at the top level i'm not sure how to setup a collection that would exclude this software update.

Any ideas on how to get this done ?

in the collection that has software updates deployed to it, right click, choose Properties, click on the Membership Rules tab, then in the Add Rule drop down menu, choose Exclude Collection, and point it to the collection containing computers you want to exclude from this deployment

That will sort of work but the issue is the collection has ALL our software updates applied to it. I want these clients to pickup the rest of the updates but there is one single update we are pushing out that I need to exclude these clients from getting.

Also how would SCCM cope with the conflict as the software update collection has a query to detect all our client machines, if I create a manual collection and add them to it they will then be in the include and exclude rule.

well the other option is to create two deployments one with everything targeting all but your excluded computers, and the other with everything but ONE update, targeting only your 'excluded' computers.