djsai

SCCM 2012 error when pxe to new computer

Hi

I got SCCM 2012 installed on a vm and have created a image windows 7 x86 , trying to install this image on a new vm and I get an error when I type in the password , it says error getting tasks to start , I have done the solutions like changing bios date and time , but still no luck . Any other ideas on this?

Thank you

DJ SAI

Hi

Basically as soon as I type in the PXE boot password to start the tasks , that is when the error comes up saying it cannot start the tasks , then just loops back to pxe boot screen again. That log is that under program files then microsoft system manager on the sccm server?

The SMSTS log is on the client itself and you will have to enable PXE Command support from the boot file. In your SCCM Console, Software Library, Operating Systems, Boot Images. right click on the boot file and choose properties. On the Customization tab, check the box at the bottom "Enable command support (testing only)". Save and update the boot file to your distribution points. Repeat this for both Boot files, x64 and x86.

Once you've done this, when the error occurs on the client, press F8 and it will open a command prompt where you can navigate to the SMSTS log, and copy it off to a shared drive to review. The log file will be in different locations depending on where it fails in the OSD process. This site has a good overview on where to locate the files.