drewz99

OSD Task Sequence Failing PLEASE HELP

Question

We are continously experiencing the same failure towards the end of our OS deployment, but we are unable to determine what is causing it? I have attached a copy of the smsts log for review. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Learing still and find this site to be an excellent tool with great people that love to help. It's great!

smsts.log

3 answers to this question

In your Task Sequence - "Apply Operating System image" step

What is the "Select the location where you want to apply this operating system" configuration set to? I.e. what is the Destination and if you are using a Variable name, what is it.

Looking at your logs, I am guessing you have the destination set to "Next available formatted partition?"

Also, it look like you are running a command line: "X:\WINDOWS\system32\diskpart.exe" /s "X:\WINDOWS\TEMP\DiskPartScript.txt" to setup the disk geometries as opposed to using the MDT Format step?

You are also laying down Win 8.1 with UEFI and Bitlocker - is this correct?

It looks like next to "Apply Operating System" the Destination is set to NExt Available formatted partition. I've gotten it to join the domain, but now it is getting stuck when installing an Application and the "Setup Windows and Config"

Yes, Windows 8.1 with Bitlocker. Thank you for your assistance...

Drewz99,

What version of SCCM are you using? 2010, 2012? The OSDApplyOS.exe shows an argument of /data:. I've got 2012 and it uses the argument /image: - unsure if that is a relevant. I also have the destination set to Logical drive letter stored in a variable.

What are your format and partition disk steps setup as for UEFI BIOS?

Format and Partition Disk 0, Disk Type Standard (GPT) marked with Make this the boot disk with volumes :

Windows (Recovery) 300MB Fixed NTFS

EFI 100MB Fixed Fat32

MSR 128MB Fixed

OS (Primary 100% of remaining - NTFS)