nhottinger

Trend Micro Full Disk Encryption deployment

Has anyone tried or been successful deploying Trend Micro Full Disk Encryption with SCCM2012? Here is what I have tried:

Created an .msi from the .exe provided (including all settings needed when originally installing)

Deployed .msi via SCCM to a test pc.

Deployment was successful but the encryption process does not ever start, even after a reboot. The DrAService.exe is running, but eventually an error comes up that says it can't communication with the Trend Micro Encryption service.

Any suggestions? We have about 2,000 devices to encrypt and I don't want to have to manually touch each and every one of them if I don't have to.

post-22150-0-25933200-1401902939_thumb.png

I have yet to get the .exe to actually install. I don't do many this way as the .msi method is so much easier. Even if I get it to install with the .exe, there are some settings that need configured during the install (Enterprise name, username / password, server). Not sure how to get those set during the install without manual intervention.

That's what the documentation is for ;)

I did a quick search for you and here is some Trend Micro documentation: http://docs.trendmicro.com/all/ent/endenc/v5.0/en-us/TMEE_5.0_IMG.pdf

Chapter 6 is about the client installation and you should look specifically at the part about Automated Deployment.

I was able to use the Command line installation tool built into the trend micro encryption software and it was working just fine when I put that command into a task sequence. We upgraded to SP1 of the TMEE software and now it doesn't work. I have completely rebuilt the task sequence and SCCM says it installs correctly, but it never actually installs the software. Is there a log file I can look at to see what is going on?

If I log into the pc and paste the command line created from the TMEE server it runs just fine, and installs the software. But it will not work when called via a task sequence.