opher15

Error Installing SCCM client

Hello Windows-noob! I apologize if this is the wrong place to put this, however I'm new to this site and trying to get this resolved quickly.

I'm having issues completing the installation of a SCCM client on a Windows 2008 R2 Server (It happens to be our Exchange box). Our site is up and functioning correctly - out of about 400 computers, this is the only problem I've ever had.

On the client in the ClientIDManagerStartup Log, It says "Server rejected registration request: 3".

On the server in the MP_RegistrationManager log, I've attached a snippet of the errors that keep repeating.

I've tried resintalling, deleting the certificates, deleting the SMSCFG.INI file, and I can't seem to get it to work. I'm limited as far as what I can do to the server on-hours since it's our exchange server - for example I can't restart it anytime after 6:30 AM, so that has hindered my troubleshooting a little bit. It's the last PC I have on our entire network that needs the client, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

opher15

post-25169-0-49249200-1402497210_thumb.png

could the certificate be expired on that client ? or is it blocked. have you checked both things ?

In the Certificates store in the SMS folder I have (2) SMS certs. The expiration date for both of them is in the year 2114. I'm not super familiar with certificate management, however it looks the same on that computer as it does on all of the rest of the computers that are working correctly.

I'm not familiar with the term computer record...I'm assuming you mean the entry in SCCM for the PC? If so, it is not listed as blocked as far as I can tell, unless you have to go deeper into a menu somewhere ("Client Type": None "Client": None).

ok under devices, right click in the column view, select Blocked from the list, does it show up as Blocked ?

blocked.png