drewz99

PXE boot with AD permissions

Does anybody know if I can, and if I can, how to prompt for username/password upon pxe booting to ensure only specified user groups have access to pxe? Running SCCM 2012 and would like to control list of users that can execute the pxe process while checking against their AD permissions.

There might be a way but for our setup we have an HTA that runs. I have at the top there username and password to proceed. That might be a way to do it. I us OSD not MDT. There might be a different way to do it with MDT.

An HTA can give the the extra options as well. Like witch image, What software, or what collections to put them in. I take the machines out of the imaging collection daily. Plus you can put logging to see what people are doing. So when you have people that reimage the entire Business office then you know who did it and when. But also to know when was the last time the machine was reimaged.

Also I have the HTA on the specific users machines. Once the machine is the collection (from actions from HTA) then they can pf12 or run the reimage TS from the Software Center.

Hope this would give you atleast a direction you could go.

You also could just put a password for the PXE boot

Use the Require a password when computers use PXE

Location is Administration Severs and Site System Roles

Find your server click on it on the bottom Site Roles look for Distribution point and the PXE Tab

This will popup asking for a password before the Available Task sequence page shows up.

This will be much easier than building a HTA to check credentials

Hope this helps