JHBPJF

UEFI PXE Boot - Need Help

hi guy,I have same toy Dell venue 11 Pro with 32-bit operating system on x64 based processor and stuck in same issue with you.

There should be two separated symptom you have.

Scenario 1. screen flashes quickly when download NBP file in the UEFI PXE progress.

-->the right behavior of this step should be "download NBP file successful" message (WDS Boot Manager)solid displayed and waiting for user to press enter key to continue the progress

for this symptom:what your version of boot image? did you use the SCCM native contained(6.3.9600.16384)? If yes,update to 6.3.9600.17031 and try again.after that it works properly in my here.

Scenario 2. the client don't download the right .wim file accordingly

-->maybe anyweb's comments is the right point.Deploy both x86 and x64 TS to unknown computers collections should the root cause of this failure.Need separate the deployments using collections targetting the computer architecture firstly

sorry for poor English and hope help!!

Time has come where we're getting more involved with getting tablets imaged, but these pesky things always use UEFI and don't support legacy. I'm having a hard time booting these things into PXE.

From my understanding, you should use IP Helpers instead of DHCP Scope. I've done this already and my legacy setup still works, and I've made more progress with UEFI, but they still don't get pushed into downloading the correct .wim file I setup in SCCM. My DP which have the WDS role on them are all Server 2012.

I unfortunately wish I could provide more insight, but the screen flashes so quickly I don't know what the error is.

It says it's downloaded the NBP file, then it goes into WDS Boot Manager, and that's where it fails and continues to load Windows.

Does anyone know how to not have it continue on error? Or what exactly is going on?

Dell says I need to add boot images to WDS. Since I've never touched WDS and everything is controlled by SCCM, I'm a bit lost.

Hi topic owner, any feedback?

I had the exact same issue deploying to a Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet (well actually 60 total). For some reason, even though the processor shows as 64-Bit architecture under "System" in the OS, I cannot deploy 64-Bit OS to it, it fails saying the architecture doesn't support it so I'm assuming its limited to 32-Bit since that's what was on it when purchased as well. Either way, doesn't matter, these only came with 2GB of RAM.

* To answer your question about the error, its due to "Secure Boot" being enabled in the BIOS. Disable this feature and viola!

* I am unaware of a way to have a task sequence that can do both 32-bit / 64- bit OSD so I created a whole new task sequence for 32-Bit deployments and attached a x86 boot image under the Properties of the task sequence, all works well. If your OSD still fails, its because you need drivers.

* I also had to add drivers for the docking station's NIC which I found here:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/5029.winpe-5-0-driver-cab

( Older winpe files here on the main page: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2065 )

That should be everything, the deployment is super slow compared to a normal laptop, I'm assuming its due to the hardware of tablet and dock. But it is working.

Hopefully this helps someone who comes across this older thread.

- Shawn