IT-Hilger

SCCM 2012 OSD Apply Driver Packages without importing them to the Database

I've been trying to do this method and during the task sequence I can see the drivers download, then they act like they are installing. When the task sequence eventually fails and the computer reboots none of the drivers are installed on the system.

This is an HP Elitebook 840 G3 deploying Windows 7 - The environment is SCCM 2012 R2 ( I do not have SP1 installed yet).

The problem is I can't even copy the logs, since no drivers are installed I can't even use a USB key to get to the log, network isn't loaded so I can't copy via network. I have to try and open the log in wordpad.. and you know how that is.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Please help.

Thanks

I've been trying to do this method and during the task sequence I can see the drivers download, then they act like they are installing. When the task sequence eventually fails and the computer reboots none of the drivers are installed on the system.

This is an HP Elitebook 840 G3 deploying Windows 7 - The environment is SCCM 2012 R2 ( I do not have SP1 installed yet).

The problem is I can't even copy the logs, since no drivers are installed I can't even use a USB key to get to the log, network isn't loaded so I can't copy via network. I have to try and open the log in wordpad.. and you know how that is.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Please help.

Thanks

Hi,

did you completely follow the guide?

Did you extract the drivers in the source folders, so that you have the .inf, .cat, etc. files?

BR

just wanted to chime in on this thread because it's something i'm testing in my lab. unfortunately, the task sequence variable doesn't seem to be working at all for me. however, dism.exe /image:c:\ DOES work. i've tried setting a variable in the partition and apply OS steps and using that same variable with dism but that made no difference. i also tried going the same route in OP's guide by adding a task sequence variable step separately and that didn't work either. i am on 1602. hopefully someone is in the same boat?

just wanted to chime in on this thread because it's something i'm testing in my lab. unfortunately, the task sequence variable doesn't seem to be working at all for me. however, dism.exe /image:c:\ DOES work. i've tried setting a variable in the partition and apply OS steps and using that same variable with dism but that made no difference. i also tried going the same route in OP's guide by adding a task sequence variable step separately and that didn't work either. i am on 1602. hopefully someone is in the same boat?

don't know why task sequnce variables generally aren't working in your environment.

But why must you use them? If a hardcoded "c:\" is working for you...

don't know why task sequnce variables generally aren't working in your environment.

But why must you use them? If a hardcoded "c:\" is working for you...

OP along with several other users in this thread mentioned the guide worked for them, which in the examples reference the task sequence variable. i was just curious, that's all.