IT-Hilger

SCCM 2012 OSD Apply Driver Packages without importing them to the Database

OP along with several other users in this thread mentioned the guide worked for them, which in the examples reference the task sequence variable. i was just curious, that's all.

do you use TS variables in any other steps in your TS? Are they working there?

Have a look at your smsts.log - there you should find the resolved value of the variable.

do you use TS variables in any other steps in your TS? Are they working there?

Have a look at your smsts.log - there you should find the resolved value of the variable.

hi. i use the SMSTSPostAction variable and that works perfectly, but that one is built-in. it seems if i specify my own, i.e. osdisk or winrootdir as referenced in this thread, doesn't seem to work.

hi. i use the SMSTSPostAction variable and that works perfectly, but that one is built-in. it seems if i specify my own, i.e. osdisk or winrootdir as referenced in this thread, doesn't seem to work.

if you create a step just to set a TS variable - what is the result?

Is it created successful?

if you create a step just to set a TS variable - what is the result?

Is it created successful?

are you asking if i'm successfully able to create this step in my task sequence or after i created it, does it show in my smsts.log?

are you asking if i'm successfully able to create this step in my task sequence or after i created it, does it show in my smsts.log?

go into your TS. Then Add -> General -> Set Task Sequence Variable. Add any task sequence variable.

When you then run your TS, what is the result / exit code of this step? Is the TS variable created successful?

Hello,

I followed the instructions exactly but drivers do not install. The only error I can see in the smsts log is a network error due to the network driver not installing: (sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7 TSManager 11/23/2016 9:45:42 AM 704 (0x02C0)). Is there something I should specifically look for in the smsts log? I assume either the Task Sequence Variable or DISM command line is the issue but nothing in the log points to that as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello,

I followed the instructions exactly but drivers do not install. The only error I can see in the smsts log is a network error due to the network driver not installing: (sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7 TSManager 11/23/2016 9:45:42 AM 704 (0x02C0)). Is there something I should specifically look for in the smsts log? I assume either the Task Sequence Variable or DISM command line is the issue but nothing in the log points to that as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

can you create a TS from scratch and test it there?

BR