IT-Hilger

SCCM 2012 OSD Apply Driver Packages without importing them to the Database

I hate to bump an old post but I found this extremely useful. I think I much prefer this to the native driver package model in terms of manageability - it's a lot cleaner to import and update driver packages. Thanks very much for the guide!

One thing though - I had issues with dism working until I removed the backslash off the driver path:

DISM.exe /Image:%osdisk% /Add-Driver /Driver:. /Recurse

Hi Max,

thanks for your comment!

Great that this solution also works for you. Don't know why you have to remove the trailing backslash, it's working in our environment.

And good idea with %osdisk% variable. Maybe I'll change it in our environment, too.

BR

Achim

I didn't test it, but it should.

You only need DISM to do it - and this is independent from SCCM.

Starting with Windows Vista it's built into the OS.

BR

This solution is working on our environment via TS or MDT on Windows 7.

Has anyone tested it with Windows 10? from smssts logs, I can see driver has been picked up and not getting installed.

Any ideas? everyone...

Cheers!

Has anyone tested it with Windows 10? from smssts logs, I can see driver has been picked up and not getting installed.

Any ideas? everyone...

Cheers!

I test it in our W10 TS next week.

I'll tell the results...

Any ideas? everyone...

Cheers!

Here it's working fine with Windows 10.

Are you sure that the drivers are correct for Windows 10?

BR

Here it's working fine with Windows 10.

Are you sure that the drivers are correct for Windows 10?

BR

Maybe you can help me get this working right. I am trying to push Windows 10 to an old Latitude E6420 (a random test system I have laying around). Everything almost works perfectly, but 4 drivers fail to install.

The last driver pack from Dell for that laptop was for Windows 8, and those are the drivers I am attempting to use... I know they work just fine on Windows 10 and can easily update the driver using Device Managers an point to the drivers in my SCCM reposistory. I can post any logs or screenshots to help figure it out. It is driving me nuts.

Maybe you can help me get this working right. I am trying to push Windows 10 to an old Latitude E6420 (a random test system I have laying around). Everything almost works perfectly, but 4 drivers fail to install.

The last driver pack from Dell for that laptop was for Windows 8, and those are the drivers I am attempting to use... I know they work just fine on Windows 10 and can easily update the driver using Device Managers an point to the drivers in my SCCM reposistory. I can post any logs or screenshots to help figure it out. It is driving me nuts.

Hi,

have you installed the latest CU Packs for ConfigMgr? (SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU2)

and are you using the latest version of MDT? (2013 Update 1)

I did the test with a Latitude E6320 - so almost the same device - and was also using the Windows 8 driver pack from Dell.

BR

• Like 1

Thanks so much for replying.

I have installed this hotfix (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3100144)which seems to be CU2.

I have installed this version to MTD (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48595)which seems to be the 2013 update 1.

It does look like I might not have the latest ADK downloaded, which I am doing right now and will test again after.

Just really frustrated that I am trying to do something that I thought I knew what I was doing, but clearly missing one little thing... which is always the case with SCCM.

Any help is massively appreciated.