oxyle

Configuration Items - Access Denied

Hello guys,

Since yesterday I've been starting to use Configuration Items around in ConfigMgr. But I am running into a challenge that I would not know how to fix right now.

We currently have 2 (Local) accounts within our image. So the computers I am talking about are not members of any domain.

• An account with administrative privileges to which this does not problem applies to.
  • An "normal" (Student) accounts, with no administrative privileges, to which this problem DOES applies to.

I've created a Configuration Item with the following settings:

General tab:

• Hivename: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
  • Key Name: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
  • Value Name: Wallpaper
  • Unchecked: This registry value is associated with a 64-bit application.

Also by default this key is not found by default in this part.

Compliance Settings tab:

• The settings must comply with the following rule: Equals :C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg
  • Checked: Remediate noncompliant rules when supported.
  • Checked: Report noncompliance if this setting instance is not found.

However the above settings do NOT get applied when I'm manually running it on the student account. But the registry entry in HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper will get applied when using Student account.

It seems like a permissions issue to me, but I just don't know where to look when using these Configuration Items(which are pretty new to me).

Kind Regards,

Kevin

compliance_report.htm