xc3ss1v3

Handling Various Models in OSD

Hey guys...

So after a lot of tedious reinvention of the wheel type work because of a former employee's lack of organization, I've finally got my OSD task sequencing working and at a point where if errors come up, I know how and where to troubleshoot them (many thanks to Niall!). With that said, I'm looking for some ideas on how you guys are handling deploying OSD sequences to various models and how you are handling driver installation. It seems that the TS works best when you tell it exactly which driver package to look to for drivers (for instance I have a package for a Dell Latitude E6530) that I specified in the TS and the TS worked flawlessly on that model. Without specifying, I noticed that the TS was pulling drivers out of other packages. I guess that's okay if the TS still completes, but my worry is that the driver being pulled isn't fully compatible.

So, I'm wondering, do I really have to create a TS for each model device we utilize? Is there some way for the TS to recognize the model then choose the appropriate package? Or, am I just completely over-thinking this and should just let the TS pick the drivers out itself from any category and troubleshoot potential errors as they arise?

Thanks again.

Hey guys...

So after a lot of tedious reinvention of the wheel type work because of a former employee's lack of organization, I've finally got my OSD task sequencing working and at a point where if errors come up, I know how and where to troubleshoot them (many thanks to Niall!). With that said, I'm looking for some ideas on how you guys are handling deploying OSD sequences to various models and how you are handling driver installation. It seems that the TS works best when you tell it exactly which driver package to look to for drivers (for instance I have a package for a Dell Latitude E6530) that I specified in the TS and the TS worked flawlessly on that model. Without specifying, I noticed that the TS was pulling drivers out of other packages. I guess that's okay if the TS still completes, but my worry is that the driver being pulled isn't fully compatible.

So, I'm wondering, do I really have to create a TS for each model device we utilize? Is there some way for the TS to recognize the model then choose the appropriate package? Or, am I just completely over-thinking this and should just let the TS pick the drivers out itself from any category and troubleshoot potential errors as they arise?

Thanks again.

See link below from Dell. It should work with CM12

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/m/videos/19973263.aspx